Bringing mindfulness to campus and sharing mindfulness practices, experiences, and fostering dialogue was gratifying and joyful. The UF Mindfulness Day 2017 in Gainesville, FL (Sept. 25, 2017) brought about 300 students, faculty members and people from the Gainesville community together. The program included the keynote talk by Dr. Glenn Hartelius; invited guest speaker Gurudev Shri Amritji (Yogi Amrit Desai); workshop “Choosing love: Finding peace within the eye of the storm”, and 13 special topic sessions.
Recordings of some of the presentations: https://mindfulness.ufl.edu/index.php/dialogues/
Congratulations! The UF Mindfulness team led by Dr. Grunwald was awarded the 2016 UF Champions for Change Award by the UF Office of Sustainability and the Healthy Gators Coalition.
The UF Mindfulness team has been active as a change agent to co-construct a mindful UF campus.
- Women in Science Workshop ASA-CSSA-SSSA Int. Meeting December 21, 2017
- World Congress of Soil Science 2018 December 20, 2017
- Lab Raclette Grill Holiday Party (Dec. 2017) December 20, 2017
- 2017 Graduate Student Awards December 20, 2017
- UF Mindfulness Day 2017 “Mind and Culture” December 20, 2017
- Sabine Grunwald
Soil and Water Sciences Department
University of Florida
2181 McCarty Hall
PO Box 110290
Gainesville, FL 32611