BIGDATA & SYNTHESIS
Do you have interest to collaborate and share data?
Our lab group has assembled BIGDATA sets from various research projects. If you are interested in collaboration/partnership and make use of any of these datasets contact Sabine Grunwald (PLG Lab Director) [email: sabgru [here impute “@” and then] ufl.edu.
- The PLG Lab hosts large soil databases (thousands of pedons and samples) of multiple soil properties.
- The largest Florida soil database (historic soil data from 1965 to ~1996 and soil data from 2009/2010).
- The soil data from the National Cooperative Soil Survey (NCSS) Soil Characterization Database from the Kellogg Soil Survey Laboratory (KSSL), Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS), U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA).
- Soil spectral data (visible, near-, and mid-infrared spectroscopy) from Florida, across the U.S., and several international projects.
- Environmental data (“STEP-AWBH data”: Soils, terrain/topography, ecology, parent material, geology, climate/atmosphere, biota/vegetation, water/hydrology, human/social data) covering the United States. More than 7 Terabytes of spatial data and about 6.5 Terabytes of climate data from various sources have been harmonized.